BG


Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend blog: Family love for Eddie!

There is so much to blog about this weekend! I've decided to blog in different categories about each event. This blog is all about how special Gerardo and I felt this weekend. We had visitors every day of the weekend!

Since having the baby, I now understand how important it is to have your baby looked at, once he/she is here. It makes you feel so excited to know that people are on their way over to see his cute face and get a glimpse of his personality. I appreciate every single family member who took time out of their day to make us feel proud!

Gerardo's aunts, uncles and cousin met Eddie this weekend. Even Gerardo's cousin's son, LJ (which makes him....Eddie's 2nd cousin?) got to meet Eddie.

LJ's mom says, "gentle." This little guy, LJ, has such a charming personality. He is a giggler and an explorer. I have totally fallen for his dimples. I can't wait to see him again. I am lucky to have G's family for their good looks ^__^


How cute is Gerardo's aunt with her curly hair? :D
E, look at your mom arms. You can't get those at the gym. Those come from daily baby holding. Can't wait to gain my mom arms :D


Gerardo's aunts and uncle, of course, watched Gerardo grow up. And now, they got to hold and look at Gerardo's son.



Below is G's aunt looking down at Eddie as he slept in her arms. I should have asked her what she was thinking as she watched him.


My cousins (My dad's brother's daughters) drove 2hrs down from up North to see Eddie too. They got to hold him and even dress him into the clothes they bought for him. (Clothes not pictured)


They arrived just as I put Eddie down for a nap, so he was a little drowsy when they first picked him up.


The most common topic of discussion with everyone was, who he looks like :D It was interesting to hear every one's point of view. And guess what? Gerardo won. Most people said he looks like his dad.

I have to say again, I can't describe how happy I felt to have family picking him up and just holding him. It's almost like I want to share with those that I love, what I feel when I pick him up and hold him :D

I am not done with the weekend blog. I will come back and blog some more as soon as I have access to more pictures.

Thanks for checking on us!

6 comments:

Lizzie C. said...

That sounds like such a great weekend. I remember right after I had Leo my whole family came down to meet him. My brother from Las Vegas and a bro who lives in Utah, of course my sister from San Jose...it was such an amazing feeling. You've never known pride like this. It's not in a bad way either. I'm so happy you are getting to experience all the wonderful parts of motherhood.

Gerardo said...

"Gerardo's cousin's son, LJ (which makes him....Eddie's 2nd cousin?)"

I was wondering that myself so I did this.

Gerardo said...

So yes, second cousin.

Iris said...

Liz-I am glad too. It feels really great :D

G-Thank you!

eydie said...

It was SO nice to meet Eddie! I loved holding him while he slept... He's such a calm little soul! My heart was so happy when we left... And not just because I almost scored a new iphone! ;)

Thanks for doing that G! Pretty neat!

eydie said...

PS - Cannot wait till you get your mom arms, then we can sell tickets to the gun show! :P